Booking Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions of Hall Hire
- Alcohol No alcohol may be brought on to the premises or consumed there without the prior approval of the PCC.
- Charges The standard charges are fixed by the PCC and may be varied at any time. Full payment is required at the time of booking. The PCC may agree to monthly payment arrangements for regular users. A refundable surety may be required.
- Damage The hirer is responsible for any damage caused to the Hall and its contents. Any such damage must be reported to the Hall Secretary.
- Fire Doors, Church Grounds Fire doors in the Hall and corridor, giving on to the ground behind the Hall, are strictly for emergency use only, and must never be opened except in emergency. The grounds behind the Hall are out of bounds to hirers.
- Health and Safety A First Aid box and Accident Report Forms are located in the kitchen. Any accidents must be reported on a Form and the Form given to the Hall Secretary. Care must be taken when using all taps and kitchen equipment, and the warning notices complied with.
- Heating The heating is preset and controls and thermostats must not be tampered with.
- Noise There must be no music inside the Hall which is audible outside the building (this is a condition of planning permission). Noise created when arriving or leaving the building must be minimised.
- Performing Rights / Copyright Law Hirers are responsible for ensuring that they comply with all applicable law in these areas.
- Public Liability insurance All groups hiring the Hall are responsible for their own public liability insurance. The PCC can only be responsible for its own negligence.
- Responsible Person At the time of booking a responsible person should be nominated who must be on the premises at all times during the hire. The Hall Secretary should be notified in advance of any change of the responsible person.
- Use The Hall may be used by charities and groups providing benefit to the community and by individuals for private functions. In all cases the PCC reserves the right to refuse any booking that is likely to cause inconvenience to the immediate neighbourhood or that conflicts with the principles and objectives of the Church.
Failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions may mean you will not get any deposit back or be able to hire the hall again.