THE CHURCH IS NOW OPEN FOR PUBLIC WORSHIP
“I was glad when they said unto me, “let us go to the house of the Lord.”” (Psalm 122.1)
A short, simple celebration of the Eucharist will take place on
Sundays at 10.00am
- In order to provide adequate seating arrangements and in accordance with our risk assessment, we will only be able to accommodate those who have notified us of their wish to attend the service and have reserved a seat. Numbers are limited to 30 people. If you would like to attend the service this Sunday please contact Churchwarden, Matt Parkinson by phone or email on: (01904) 849063 or email@example.com by the end of the previous Thursday. In order to support the NHS Track and Trace system, your name and phone number will be kept for 21 days.
- We confirm we have read and complied with the government’s guidance on managing the risk of COVID-19 in places of worship.
- For those who are still prevented from coming to church, a number of services led by Fr Luke are currently available at any time by phone on the following free, local-rate number: (01904) 900106. Please do share this number and encourage others to join us in prayer and worship. There is also another free telephone line from the Church of England, 'Daily Hope' for you to ring to hear comforting hymns, daily prayers and reflections. The line is available 24 hours a day on 0800 804 8044.
- Please see our Facebook page for more news and information.
- Please note that the church hall remains closed until further notice.
What we have done:
- We have carried out a COVID-19 risk assessment
- We have cleaning, hand cleansing and hygiene procedures in place, in line with government guidance
- We have taken all reasonable steps to help everyone maintain a 2m distance.
What we expect you to do:
- Refrain from entering if you are feeling unwell or have experienced any COVID-19 symptoms in the past seven days
- Take responsibility for your own safety and that of your household and other people by maintaining social distancing and observing all hygiene measures
- Ensure children are supervised at all times
For all enquiries, please contact the Vicar, The Reverend Luke Tillett.
Tel: (01904) 706047 or for urgent pastoral matters 07527 077227
A Prayer for the re-opening of the church:
Almighty God, we praise you for the many blessings you have given to those who worship you in this house of prayer: and we pray that all who seek you in this place may find you, and, being filled with the Holy Spirit, may become a living temple acceptable to you; through Jesus Christ your Son our Lord, who is alive and reigns with you, in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever. Amen.
15 July 2020